A relatively adequate fuck-ton of dragon references. (This contains several types of dragons; this is mainly for inspiration in recognizing the flexibility with creating dragons.)
[Note that there are GIFs in this image set; wait for them to load.]
if I turned around and a small army of cats was behind me do u kno how elated I would be
Hm, well… This is kinda risky to say since first you must know the original version and then you have to read between lines. And by reading between lines I mean understanding the metaphores, the imagery, the composition, and the symbolism. Lightning and Hope’s relationship isn’t as explored in words as in the lines between, let’s say. We say it’s “heavily implied canon” because we don’t have a word confirmation, but sometimes actions and images speak louder than words.
There’s one thing that is absolutely canon: Hope’s love for her. Bhunivelze’s original battle confirms it, maybe not with the infamous “I love you”, but since Bhunivelze’s “love” is distorted love, that’d be incongruous. Also, the track that plays in Bhuni’s battle speaks louder than anything: "Divine Love". And claiming it was all originated by Bhunivelze has no foundament: Bhunivelze doesn’t have a soul nor emotions. I was planning to expose in more detail all of this in the analysis I’m planning but I’ll leave some things here since you asked. Hope’s soul was most likely split in two -it’s possible since we know that was what happened to Dajh, but his got split in five- : his memories -which are inside his body- and his emotions -they were sucked into Bhunivelze-. By the final battle, Hope’s soul goes progressively losing itself more and more in Bhunivelze’s consciousness: his memories are dormant, his emotions rampaging, but in Bhuni’s fourth form there’s no more “love”, distorted and wicked it might be in the first three forms. Bhunivelze loses all of this the more Hope’s soul lost itself. If it was just a Bhuni thing he wouldn’t have to have Hope’s voice. Don’t get me started on the English version: what counts here and in all matters is the original version, not the censorshipped one.
Hope’s feelings for Lightning were even made stealthily canon during an interview with Motomu Toriyama and Yoshinori Kitase. It was more a “not denying it” than “we confirm it”, but keep in mind these men have to be EXTREMELY cautious with what they say, it’s Word of God. Thanks to lovely tensai-shoujo, it came to my knowledge that the interviewer expressed how sad it was for Hope -back in XIII, when he was a teen!- having his feelings unrequited by Lightning. What was Toriyama and Kitase’s answer? A slight nod, acknowledging this. They could’ve remained just silent, but they didn’t.
Hope’s love is also a major driving plot. It’s actually the arc of the whole game besides the creation of a new world and stuff. But I’ll speak of this in the analysis. It’s quite long and now it’s not the moment. Yet. [ ;D ]
So, about Hope/Lightning as such. That’s the “heavily implied canon”. We don’t get to see them together in the epilogue, but throughout the game it becomes more and more obvious. Specially in the original version. Not even the English version could get rid of it -probably for the controversial physical appearance of Hope and his popularity in Western audiences- because their relationship is shown in deeper meanings and visuals. The endgame is major Hope/Lightning because of this. There’s also the call-backs to the most famous couples of the Final Fantasy saga and the symbolism and traits they share with them: I’m speaking of Tidus and Yuna and Squall and Rinoa. Both of them. Yes.
Lightning’s part is which is left more open to interpretation. But even so, Light showed heavy dependance on Hope -moreso in the original version- throughout the game: she even describes love as “mutual dependance” and this defines the relationship between them in LR. She -according to the Ultimania- imbued the survival knife with her feelings for Hope to wake him up. The fake Serah -who speaks in behalf of Lumina, who is her own self- said right after Light told Hope to leave her: “Don’t leave me. I don’t want to be alone.” She was voicing what Lightning felt immediately after this, in her heart -which is that Ark-shaped place- and before she saw ‘Serah’. Hope was the only one who got into her heart -not even Serah!- after she cried out embracing the part of herself she tried to kill -thus she most wanted to hide- and so he’s the only one who knows the real Lightning, or more exactly, the true depths of Lightning’s heart. Hope saved Lightning’s soul, he IS her Savior. Not to mention Lightning opened her arms to him in the ending in the same way Serah did so to her beloved Snow. And this is just the external layer. I’ll explain things in a lot more depth soon. [ ;D ]
Personally, I firmly believe it’s heavily implied Lightning returns Hope’s feelings. And that’s the only implied thing because Hope’s are canon. And I won’t hold back at stating this. I might get a lot of hate, but I don’t care. I admit I sometimes get too excited when talking about Lightning and Hope, but in serious stuff I’d NEVER state anything without solid proofs. And in this case, I have them. You can ignore them, of course. I won’t be pursuing anyone for choosing not to believe them, unlike many people I keep seeing chasing off another shippers because their weak imagination doesn’t let them ship whatever they want regardless of canon-ness.
I’m gonna tag this as ‘Hoperai’ because the question was about it. But I won’t be doing it when it comes to official stuff. I warn you now, just in case you might prefer unfollowing me now. Be consequent now or don’t expect me to tolerate hate and crap when I do so. Sorry if I’m getting a bit rude, but I expect the same respect I try to have with people with different opinions of mine. And trust me, I know I have followers that don’t like Hoperai and I don’t like their OTPs, and I think we’ve been following each other since I came to Tumblr in peace.
(Yes, that goes for you, hopeestheimofficial, I know it must be hard for you following me but you don’t know how happy I am for still having you among my followers.) [ ;D ]
- The closest I could find on Amazon to the watercolour set I use is the Sakura brand of Koi Assorted WaterColours Field Set.
- Just use any old toothbrush. I used to use the ones that my dentist would give me after a visit, just because those were kind of cheap and I wouldn’t actually use them anyways.
- I use acrylic for flicking and highlights because watercolour-whites tend to fade when they dry.
- Also, remember to keep your hands clean, because nothing’s worse than smudging graphite into your watercolours and then unable to get it out.
- Try to avoid black and white when possible. They tend to dull the colours and it loses that watercolouring lustre.
Since I started watercolouring again for my daily sketches, I’ve gotten a lot of asks/dA notes on if I could give a tutorial on watercolouring and also more specific questions that overlapped each other, so I decided to do a semi guide/tips/answering thing.
I actually started watercolouring before I went into digital medium, so I have a bit of personal experience, but I am essentially self-taught when it comes to watercolouring since there weren’t a lot of watercolour tutorials online back then to begin with, so I cannot promise that these are the absolute correct way of doing things.
Hope it helps anyways :)
A mouth-watering fuck-ton of hand references.
[From various sources]
White hair is so cute
He was my favourite boy
And he fucking died
"Go for it, Hibiki-kun! 3. Hibiki-kun’s final choice"
The grand finale, continued from here. The survivors discuss what they should do for the audience with Polaris, and Alcor crashes the party….
Aasif Mandvi interviews Fox Business commentator, Todd Wilemon.
Basically I have been blessed to be close to people who work in hiring and were very, very willing to pass along their knowledge and tips and since a lot of people I know on here seem mystified by these things, I will share my vast wealth of knowledge with you*
*Some of this knowledge might be contradicted by specifics from your own field. If you’re a chemical engineer some of these things might not apply and that’s fine. This is just ~*widely applicable*~ stuff.
Cover letters are the stupidest part of a job application. The cover letter is really only there to show two things: 1) That you have a command of language that is both accurate and appropriate; 2) you read the job listing.
- Your cover letter should be short. The hirer has likely read hundreds that day, and by read, I mean “skimmed over lightly.” You don’t need to fill up an entire page.
- It should only contain pertinent information. Do not try to be cutesy or “creative” unless the job listing SPECIFICALLY asks for that. Trust me, I’ve had to hire people. Those people’s letters got passed around for mocking. DO NOT BE THAT PERSON.
- It should speak to the job listing, but only enough that it shows that you read it. If the job listing emphasizes that they’re looking for somebody who is willing to work odd hours, throw in a line that in your past experience you have been noted for being flexible with time. It doesn’t need a Faulkner-length explanation.
- If you know the name of the person to whom the letter is addressed, address it to them. If you it is a blind application, you don’t need to put “To Whom It May Concern” or “Dear Sir/Madam;” just don’t say anything.
- Stop freaking out about it. Seriously, your CL is not nearly as scary as you think it is. If you want to see a screenshot if an example cover letter that is a “catch all,” click here. I just pulled this out of my ass for a fictional job/person.
Your resume is not an “employment record.” Unless you have no experience, it should only list the things that are the most impressive or demonstrate your abilities the clearest.
- If you have an “Objective” on your resume, take it off. All of the employers I know said, “We KNOW your objective—you want the job! It just takes up space.”
- Always make sure that your resume is formatted cleanly and with maximum readability in mind. I strongly, strongly suggest visiting this link to see how to format your resume best. Visual cleanliness matters.
- Your resume should be ONE page. Just one. Not two or more.
- You can’t lie on your resume; you can learn how to make things sound more impressive. If you worked at a hair salon cleaning up, don’t say “Swept floors.” Instead write, “Contributed to the efficiency and cleanliness of the salon by sweeping floors.” It sounds like bullshit to you, but to a prospective employer, it sounds like you’re happy being part of a team. Try to describe what you did in at least 7 words.
- You can divide your resume if you want to highlight certain experiences over others. Making two sections such as “Relevant Experience” and “Other Experience” breaks it up, allows the reader to skip around, and let’s you highlight what you want to highlight.
- Learn to weed things out. Unless you can make it look like it taught you something huge, don’t waste the space. At the same time, if a job sucked but you can make it appear like it really impacted you, use it. This is not the truth about how you felt about that last job. This is you advertising yourself. You’re trying to get a job, not a Nobel Prize for emotional honesty.Now, what about the Skills section? You should have one, but as one friend said, “Nobody gives a shit if you went to France and had a great time. What we care about is if you’re proficient in French.” That should be your metric for things:
- Only list experiences that would aid you in this job or a similar one—not things that were “cool.” This is the place for things that you’ve learned but perhaps can’t tie to a job. Examples: foreign language skills, clerical training, courses/certifications, etc.
- List all of the software that you know. Even if it doesn’t seem relevant to that job, weird things happen. List any MS Office/equivalent software, if you are familiar with both Mac and PC, any graphics editing software you know…
- SOCIAL MEDIA IS A THING THAT YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY MAKE KNOWN. To people ~30 and under, social media seems like a given. But to many employers, it’s a mystical world filled with equal amounts of marketing opportunities and terror. Make it clear what social networking sites you know how to use—obviously Facebook and Twitter, but also LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.
Applying to Jobs/Interviewing
Unfortunately, I can give you less specific advice here because we are not likely working in the same field—but here are just some general things to file away:
- If there’s a job listing that you feel qualified for but the listing says it wants more years of experience than you have, apply anyway. Those employers are unlikely to find that unicorn that has 4+ years of experience and is willing to work basically minimum wage. While more experience is a plus, they really just want somebody who can do the job. When it comes to applying to jobs, you really have nothing to lose by applying to anything that tickles your fancy.
- Interviewing is an entire post unto itself, but I’ll give you the tips that I’ve been given by my people: be calm, be on time, and ask good questions. Always have some questions lined up, even if you already know the answer. “What are you looking for in the right candidate?” is a good example, or “Are there opportunities for growth within the company?” etc.
Accepting a Job
So you got a job offer; exciting! Before you immediately accept, really vet the place to make sure it’s somewhere you’d like to work. Months of unemployment make you desperate, but sometimes jumping at the first opportunity it isn’t worth it. THIS HAPPENED TO ME, LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES.
Things you should think about:
- Do I know ALL things about the job, including: what I will be paid/how often, if there are benefits and when I get them, what hours I am working, how overtime is handled, how sick time is handled, etc. These are all incredibly important to know and if your employer is legitimate they will welcome you asking them.
- Is the distance commutable, or is it too far from home? (Think about how transit/gasoline will cut into your paycheck.)
- Does the job give me the time necessary to do other important things?
- Does the office environment seem like one I can spend at least six months in? (Every month at a bad job feels like an eternity—if you have bad feelings, trust them.)
- Does the job offer me anything besides a paycheck? Will I be learning any skills at this job or making important connections that can help me down the road?IMPORTANT: If an employer tries to give you a W-9 tax form upon your hiring and you are NOT a freelancer (independent contractor), RUN. This is tax fraud and is very messy and is entirely there to screw you. Become familiar with the legal definition of a freelancer so you know if you’re walking into a shady place. It happens more than you’d think, and it sucks, and is weird.If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message or whatever, I’ll gladly answer to the best of my ability! GO GET ‘EM.
Vital information for your everyday life.
"Also known as the ghost plant, Indian pipe, or corpse plant.
Unlike most plants, it is white and does not contain chlorophyll. Instead of generating energy from sunlight, it is parasitic, more specifically a myco-heterotroph. Its hosts are certain fungi that are mycorrhizal with trees, meaning it ultimately gets its energy from photosynthetic trees. Since it is not dependent on sunlight to grow, it can grow in very dark environments as in the understory of dense forest. It is often associated with beech trees.
The complex relationship that allows this plant to grow also makes propagation difficult.
The plant is sometimes completely white but commonly has black flecks and a pale pink coloration. Rare variants may have a deep red color.”